Rio Rancho Public Libraries Summer Reading 2019, A Universe of Stories
What’s up with Summer Reading? It is ………
• A FREE program at Rio Rancho Public Libraries.
• An opportunity to earn prizes by reading books. Reading is a proven way to keep brains sharp.
• A way to experience and be a part of the community.
• A series of live cultural, educational, and entertaining performances and interactive experiences.
• Pick up your sign up gift starting anytime June 5th and after. Limited supply so get here early!
• Cool fun on hot days.
How can we participate?
YOUTH (0-entering 6th grade)
2. Receive a free book of your choice when you’ve recorded 15 minutes of reading, 5 times a week, for 3 weeks in June.
3. Receive a second free book of your choice when you’ve recorded 15 minutes of reading, 5 times a week, for 3 weeks in July.
4. Have your bookmark stamped at 4 library programs.
5. When your bookmark is full enter it into a raffle to win a fun prize basket.
TEEN (entering 7th through 12th grade)
2. Receive a free book of your choice when you’ve read 6 books over 7 weeks and dropped off your reading log at the library.
3. Receive additional prizes by finding and scratching library prize scratchers in the teen area and at teen programs and enter into a raffle to win a fun prize basket.
ADULTS (18 and older)
2. Review books (audio counts too!) by filling out a paper review slip or online form.
3. Those review slips are your entry into the weekly prize drawing, 1 winner per library per week.
4. Write reviews all summer long and you’re automatically entered to win a grand prize (1 per library).
5. Play book bingo all summer long for chances to win small prizes. Print a copy of book bingo sheet here.
If you have questions about Summer Reading check out our FAQs.